- Navigate to the screen or page you would like to take an image of.
- Press the “PrtScn” button on your keyboard (likely to the right of F12 along the top). This will cause your computer to take a snapshot of your monitor.
- Open a new Microsoft Word document.
- Click Paste. You should now see the image of your monitor appear as an image embedded in your Word document.
- Save this document somewhere easy to access and email it as an attachment.
- To capture the entire desktop, press Command-Shift-3. The screen shot will be automatically saved as a PNG file on your desktop.
- To capture a portion of the desktop, press Command-Shift-4. A cross-hair cursor will appear and you can click and drag to select the area you wish to capture. When you release the mouse button, the screen shot will be automatically saved as a PNG file on your desktop.