The Franklin Center invites you to join the #IAmTaxFree campaign for Tax Freedom Day.
From their website…
Every year, the date on which we are “tax free” is moved later in the year as government increases taxes. You keep less of your money, and the government takes more.
When do you break free from Uncle Sam? Find out your state’s tax freedom date here.
To help remind our elected officials that we are chained to Uncle Sam through a date in late March, April or early May, today we are launching the #IAmTaxFree Campaign. We need your help to make this campaign a success.
Here’s how it works:
- Download and print the “I Am Tax Free Sign” here.
- Fill in your state’s freedom date (find it here).
- Take a picture of yourself holding the sign.
- If you’re on Twitter, tweet it out! Your Tweet should say, “#IAmTaxFree on [date] in [your state]”. Upload your picture, and send it. You could even include the handle (@name) of your Congressman, US Senator, State Representative and/or State Senator at the end of the tweet. And, you can include their handle — @watchdogwire.
- If you’re on Facebook, go to the WatchdogWire Facebook page and post your picture on the wall. Then, share that post right to your own wall for your friends to see.
- If you’re on Pinterest, pin your picture! Be sure to also share it on Twitter or Facebook per the instructions above so that everyone can see it and can pin it to the official #IAmTaxFree Pinterest board.
Find out more details at WatchdogWire.com.
What do you think?
Is this an effective way to communicate the growth of government? Have you sent in your photo yet?